web analytics

How do you call this position in Gymnastic/martial arts ?

by admin on November 27, 2009

How do you call in english the position when a person stretch his feet on the sides and touching ground by his bottom. I hope you understan my poor explanation. If not take a look at Van Damme on this picture.


Many thanx!
And if possible, I need to know how can I train step by step to do that? tutorial on the internet ?

Box splits. You need to stretch regularly, try to get a little further each time. Don’t try to go further than is mildy uncomfortable – a torn groin takes months to heal.

Some people can’t do box splits because their hips simply aren’t designed that way. But just about anyone should be able to do front splits (one leg out to the front, the other behind)

Leg Stretches

Previous post: every few times i kick in vita saana Martial arts my ligaments or tendons pop and my legs sound like there?

Next post: If you want to get better at martial arts, what do you do?